Wartsila North America Field Services function is looking for a Field Service Mechanical Engineer to join our Field Service Team.
You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team of Field Services professionals who are able to independently work and take decisions under pressure in combination with analytical/critical thinking and excellent knowledge about 4-stroke Diesel engines.
We are looking for a safety & quality minded, dynamic, flexible and detail oriented high performer to join our fast paced and exciting Services Team. We are a SMART technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our markets, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society
Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wartsila products or similar medium bore diesel engines
- Overhaul engine components in workshop and at site/on board including some in situ machining.
- Carry out engine product trouble shooting, routine maintenance & components investigation.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. auxiliary equipment).
- Pre-commissioning of engines and Perform Mechanical commissioning.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards. Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Report executed work according to Wärtsilä standards.
English,second language is a plus
-MS Office tools
-IM applications and IM tools
-Communication skills & customer relations
-Motivated to learn and grow professionally
-Ability to follow directions
-Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
-Ability to work under pressure
-Able to travel around USA for at least 7-8 month per year and also abroad when required.
-Able to generate technical service reports BS degree + 2 year of related experience, or AS degree and 3 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical or USCG) + 5 years of experience Mechanical engineer on Wartsila Diesel Engine or similar Medium bore applications as a Lead Man
-Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or similar application as a Lead Man
-Lead man experience
-Mechanical officer on Ships with Wartsila engines or similar application
-Strong knowledge of auxiliaries equipment
-Gas engine Knowledge A+
-Electrical troubleshooting Skills A+
-Experience with pre commissioning and commissioning of medium bore diesel engines.
|Contact person to give further information||
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Service Delivery|