“Technical specialist and leader with a customer and service focus”
As a commissioning Engineer you’re particularly responsible for all the commissioning of our propulsion products related to mechanical, hydraulics and controls during the building phase of a ship on location at the international site of our clients. You’re responsible to test our systems on functionality and quality before official handover to the client during sea trials.
The business unit Services offers ship owners an optimal service by carrying out maintenance and repair work. Furthermore, we also offer a variety of electro technical services, and we are active in the fields of inspection and automation. For our International Field Service department we are looking for an International Commissioning Engineer.
You are responsible for commissioning of (complete) Ship propulsion systems. The ship's propulsion system consists of controllable pitch propellers, gearboxes, water jets, azimuthing-thrusters and transverse thrusters and associated operating systems.
Location: Drunen, Netherlands
• You act as system commissioning engineer and perform and lead the related commissioning activities at site.
• Perform and coordinate all commissioning activities at site.
• Provide technical support to customers and engineers on location.
• Solve project-related non conformities during construction period in both technical and financial sense.
• You are also the contact for the Service Coordinator and the client and responsible for final reporting.
• You can work independently, but are also able to lead groups of their own employees and contractors during scheduled maintenance or repair.
• You have a Bachelor degree in Marine, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or are able to act on that level based on your experience.
• A few years experience as International Field Service Engineer preferably with propulsion equipment or equivalent experience in an international (matrix organized) industrial organization.
• Willingness to travel extensively (worldwide) and stay abroad (+ / - 170 days a year abroad).
• Since you are extensively working abroad, it’s not a must that you live in the area of Drunen.
• You are customer oriented, enterprising, pragmatic, enthusiastic and posses leadership skills.
• Strong focus on our Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
• You have an open and accessible attitude in communication.
• Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of other modern languages is a plus.
We are looking for people who are service and result oriented and who share our passion for technology and the marine industry. People that believe that the best service and high quality products provides sustainable solutions for our clients. We want to be the most valued partner for our customers - and the best choice for our people. Wärtsilä people are passionate and committed to drive their careers and professional development.
|Contact person to give further information||In case you have questions about the procedure please call Egbert van der Meijs (Corporate Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job area||Service Delivery|