“Supervisor and trouble shooter who likes to solve complex technical problems”
You are the supervisor, trouble shooter and "hands on" expert who solves complex technical problems related to our propulsion products at the international sites of our clients.
The business unit Services offers ship owners an optimal service by carrying out maintenance and repair work. Furthermore, we also offer a variety of electro technical services, and we are active in the fields of inspection and automation. For our International Field Service department we are looking for a Mechanical Service Engineer Propulsion International.
You are responsible for troubleshooting, reconditioning and repair (complete) ship propulsion systems on mainly mechanical and hydraulic issues. Electronic and controls could also be one of your additional domains. The ship's propulsion system consists of controllable pitch propellers, gearboxes, water jets, thrusters and transverse thrusters and associated operating systems.
• You give hands-on technical advice and perform inspections and perform basic and advanced troubleshooting (running tests, fine tuning, adjustments, trimming related to running performance) on equipment families.
• Independently or together with colleagues your perform major/complex repairs, complete overhauls, installation and pre-commissioning checks and activities.
• Provide technical support to customers and engineers on location.
• You are also the contact for the Service Coordinator and the client and responsible for final reporting.
• You can work independently, but are also able to lead groups of their own employees and contractors during scheduled maintenance or repair.
• Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan.
Location: Drunen, Netherlands
• You have a Bachelor degree in Marine, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or are able to act on that level based on your experience.
• A few years experience as International Field Service Engineer preferably with propulsion equipment or equivalent experience in an international (matrix organized) industrial organization.
• Willingness to travel extensively (worldwide) and stay abroad (+ / - 170 days a year abroad).
• Since you are extensively working abroad, it’s not a must that you live in the area of Drunen.
• You are customer oriented, enterprising, pragmatic, enthusiastic and posses leadership skills.
• Strong focus on our Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
• You have an open and accessible attitude in communication.
• Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of other modern languages is a plus.
We are looking for people who are service and result oriented and who share our passion for technology and the marine industry. People that believe that the best service and high quality products provides sustainable solutions for our clients. We want to be the most valued partner for our customers - and the best choice for our people. Wärtsilä people are passionate and committed to drive their careers and professional development.
|Contact person to give further information||In case you have questions about the procedure please contact Egbert van der Meijs (Corporate Recruiter) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job area||Service Delivery|