Welcome at Wärtsilä Netherlands! For our Product Platform Thrusters we are looking for a Hydraulic Expert to join our Thruster team in Drunen (The Netherlands) or Wuxi (China).
As a hydraulic Expert you are responsible for the hydraulic system designs (steering, actuation & lubrication) as well as the system integration in our products. This area covers both, product design and customer deliveries of our Wärtsilä transverse, underwater mountable, retractable and steerable Thrusters. You use your expertise to maintain and implement proper hydraulic solutions in order to maintain our product standards as well as our capability to execute non-standard customer order engineering activities.
In this position you will be part of our Thruster team with several specialists located at our offices and production locations in the Netherlands (Drunen), Italy (Trieste) and China (Wuxi). Due to the international character of this position, you will work in close cooperation with customers, Wärtsilä Sales, sourcing, external engineering partners as well as suppliers on hydraulic (sub)systems.
Location: Drunen, Netherlands; Wuxi, China
• You maintain the product standard of hydraulic systems.
• You Configure & Engineer to order according to Technical Specification, create hydraulic structures in our system, create Bills of Material releases and coordinate the drawing quality and documentation.
• You take care of the coordination of external engineering partners on hydraulic systems
• Initiate product / design improvements (e.g. cost down activities) in both supply chain as well as hydraulic Thruster Designs.
• You support stakeholders varying from Customers, Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing and Services & Commissioning.
• Organize correct product data management and life cycle management on products & systems.
• You are responsible for product data regarding hydraulic systems in our product documentation.
• You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical / Hydraulic engineering or similar.
• You have gained experience in the design and/or development of Hydraulic systems, within an industrial working environment.
• You are experienced in NX or other 3D CAD systems and preferably worked with TeamCenter.
• Knowledge of the maritime industry or system integration is preferred.
• You are aware of Safety & Quality guidelines.
• Experienced in working with international project teams.
• Due to the international character of this position, you must poses good written and oral communication skills in English.
|Contact person to give further information||
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae on our website: www.wartsila.com/careers. Select ‘Netherlands’ and the position you like to apply for.
In case you have questions about the procedure please contact Egbert van der Meijs (Corporate Recruiter) at Egbert.Meijsvander@wartsila.com