• Responsible for all Field Service resources activity. Focus on training.
• Monitor Field Service KPI’s (UR and IUR), WIP , TTI, training status, training needs
• Support, develop the necessary Field Service competencies to meet
market demands and trends and Wartsila needs
• Comply with Safety and ISO processes for all personnel, tools and machines to insure safety, accuracy and quality of all services provided
• Follow and coach Field Service personnel in the field
• Suggest tools and needs to the Field Service Manager
• Cooperate with other FS managers, FS coordinators and General Manager in order to ensure the right resource for every job
• Utilizing the manpower in a fair and cost-effective way
• Screening and recommending of new hire applicants
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Engineering degree (Marine or Mechanical Engineering,Maritime University) and 5 years related experience,
or associates degree and 8 years related experience,
or high school diploma from technical schools GED) and 10 years related experience.
• Experience as a team leader
• Project planning (for instance MS Projects)
• Training or Sales within Wartsila
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English; French would be an asset.
• Knowledge of MS Power Point, Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Wartsila Field Service processes in relation with SAP: Commissioning, Warranty, Sales, Training and Customer follow up.
• Communication and listening skills, ability to work effectively with people from different cultural background from around the world
• Strong ability to delegate, follow directions and work under pressure
• Ability to create and maintain a positive, motivated environment
• Wärtsilä history knowledge
• Understanding of financial aspects of the Wartsila business
• Strong customer relations skills
• Motivation to learn and grow professionally
• Motivation to travel around Canada as required
• Flexibility and dedication above average
• Occupational health and safety
|Contact person to give further information||
Mr. Troy Nickerson, Field Services Resources Manager
|Job area||Service Delivery|