Wärtsilä Marine Solutions, is now looking for an Automation Expert (UNIC & PLC) to join the business unit Catalyst Systems engineering team. Catalyst Systems is an end-to-end responsible product unit developing, delivering and commissioning emission abatement equipment based on SCR catalyst technology. Products are needed in marine as well as in power plant installations due to stricter emission limits. Position will offer a wide view to our operations from R&D phase to customer projects.
Positon will be located in Vaasa, or optionally Turku, Finland.
As an automation expert you will be responsible for development and mastering of the automation solutions in SCR related products in co-operation with other automation experts. Automation devices to work with are Schneider PLCs, Vacon frequency converters and Wärtsilä Unic –control system.
In your work you will also:
- Create project specific software and modifications according to project solution & delivery scope
- Participate to FAT testing of the system as required
- Participate to commissioning tasks as required.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Industrial Automation or equivalent
- Knowledge of Unic control system, computer networking and of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Ability to create new concepts and develop those to solutions according to project’s needs
- Ability to read wiring diagrams, schematics, technical manuals and to implement the knowledge in actual performance
- Knowledge of electrical & instruments including Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Troubleshooting capability in electrical systems
- Good communication and teamwork skills, as well as ability to work independently when required
- Systematic and active approach to work
- Fluent English, Finnish/Swedish
- Readiness to travel occasionally.
Ability to support electrical engineering and working experience in the field is considered as an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Pekka Kinnari, General Manager
Tel: +358 50 5726585
|Job area||Research & Development|