“Experienced project development and financial expert that manages the development of IPP projects”
As a Manager, Project Development working within the global Energy Solution Division and the Europe & Africa Project Development department, you will find yourself in the heart of the exciting international world of IPP (Independent Power Producer) project development.
You are responsible for developing designated IPP projects from origination to financial closing in Europe and Africa. You screen projects and make proposals in cooperation with the sales teams and develop relationships with market participants (i.e. developers, investors, fuel suppliers, utilities, etc.).
The preferred location of this international position is either Paris (FR), Zwolle (NL) or Helsinki (FI). You report to the Director, Project Development Europe & Africa. You are open to travel extensively in the region for 25 to 50% of your time.
What we offer you;
You will be working with an experienced team of developers, analysts, legal and financial experts as well as our sales team. We provide a range of opportunities for personal development of our employees within an international working environment. As a company, we are aiming for high growth as a world leading energy integrator, including engine, solar, energy storage, and LNG. The project development team is at the heart of executing this strategy.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You manage IPP development projects as lead developer, being responsible for the coordination of all development and financing aspects, including operating budgets, time schedules, due diligence, project structuring, partner identification, bidding, contract negotiations, and debt financing.
- You work with internal and external teams of cross functional experts (technical, financial, legal, operation & maintenance, etc.) in order to maximize the competitiveness of Wärtsilä solutions.
- You draft and negotiate agreements such as co-development agreements, power purchase, site lease, fuel supply, implementation agreements, shareholder agreements and other related agreements.
- You prepare information memorandum, manage equity marketing and successful sale of equity.
- You provide asset management services including participation in the board of project companies.
What do we expect from you?
- You are passionate about the energy sector and working in challenging developing countries, with minimum 5 years working experience.
- You hold a Master’s degree and have a thorough understanding of project finance principles.
- You have experience in reviewing and negotiating project and financing agreements for infrastructure projects seeking project finance.
- You enjoy working in teams of diverse people and cultures and you are efficient at dealing with complexity.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
|Contact person to give further information||
In case you have questions regarding this position please contact Stefan Nygård by email: email@example.com.
If you feel excited about being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, you could be the candidate we are looking for. We look forward to receiving your job application together with a CV, cover letter and salary expectation on our website: www.wartsila.com/careers.
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|