Project Accountant will be based out of the York, Pennsylvania office and report to the Vice President of Finance.
• Preparation of monthly forecast for costs and revenues of the all major projects
• Preparation and calculation of monthly sales revenue using long term contact accounting revenue recognition policy
• Preparation of monthly reporting analysis noting variances of actuals to forecast / budget
• Ensure accuracy of accounting for long term projects
• Reporting of significant budget/forecast variances as soon as they are known in order to ensure a “no surprise” culture
• Support in forecasting sales and gross margin by leading job reviews on a monthly basis
• Preparation of bi- weekly forecast updates to be presented to senior management/ finance
• Overall goal to improve the forecasting process in order to obtain more accurate forecasting of input, sales, gross margin, ebita and cash flow
• Integrate working capital management into operations culture
• Invoicing projects timely when milestone are hit
• KPI measurement and reporting
• Continuous review of results throughout the month in order to ensure proper accounting of various transactions
• Preparation and review of month end journal entries
• Liaison with external and internal audit on an as needed basis
• Participation in preparation of quotes from a finance aspect including: review of forecasted costs, review of overhead rates used in quote and preparation of cashflow projections
• Maximizing the efficient use of system and reporting capabilities
• Monthly balance sheet reconcilations completed by the 2nd Friday of each fiscal month.
• Drive the project review financial process and play an active role in the overall project review process
• Achieve mid-year and year-end Working Capital targets
• 100% on time delivery and accurate of month end and project review forecast reports
• Zero project adjustments over $30K unless truly business driven
|Requirements||Must be very good with excel and obtaining data through the ERP system. Strong communication skills as well as organizational skills are a must. The ability to understand the big picture of the forecasts and present to senior management is a plus. Bachelor's degree with five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Accounting is required, Project Accounting experience is beneficial.|
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/careers/vacancies
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
|Job area||Finance & Control|