Welcome at Wärtsilä Netherlands! For our Propulsion Business located at our Drunen office we are looking for a Hydrodynamic Expert who will join our Waterjets Engineering team.
As a Hydrodynamic Expert you will find yourself in the heart of the design and development of all Wärtsilä waterjet systems for our customers. Our solutions are used on multiple fast ships all around the world.
In this position you will have the chance to broaden your hydrodynamic knowledge, safeguard this knowledge within the organisation and to be in touch with our customers regarding technical waterjet issues. Besides your participation in Waterjet sales projects and delivery projects, you also have the responsibility to initiate and coordinate product developments on the waterjet product portfolio.
You will be working in an internationally orientated team of waterjet specialists who are reporting to the General Manager Waterjets. You must be willing to travel occasionally in this position.
Location: Drunen, Netherlands
• You assist our sales department regarding performance questions by means of advice, desktop studies or direct customer contact.
• Where needed you occasionally publish and present your findings in order to confirm Wärtsilä expertise.
• You are responsible for the final selection of customer specific waterjets, nozzle size and inlet design, including CFD validation of it.
• You define, lead and participate in the development projects for waterjet product improvements.
• Expanding the waterjet application knowledge by both performing and coordinating CFD studies in close cooperation with other Wartsila departments and external parties.
• Take part in hydrodynamic research studies and being able to specify and interpret the results of such studies.
• You hold a Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Sciences or similar, combined with a specialization on fluid dynamics.
• You have gained relevant experience in designing, developing or servicing of hydrodynamic systems in the maritime or pump industry.
• Knowledge of various fluid dynamics theories and their theoretical models such as CFD.
• Any experience or affinity with naval architecture is an advantage.
• Sense for business, experience working in project teams and you are familiar with deadlines and targets.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English, and preferably in Dutch.
|Contact person to give further information||
In case you have any questions regarding this position, you can contact Mr Dré Schellekens at email@example.com
|Job area||Research & Development|