• To plan, manage, co-ordinate assigned projects from handover from Sales through to successful completion, including on time completion, meeting the required quality objectives and optimisation of financial control aspects.
• Projects to be delivered in accordance with Wartsila Water Systems procedures, in particular the Delivery to Customer Gate Model.
• Accurately interpret the key issues of the project from the client, and ensure these are effectively communicated to all members of the project team and relevant departments. Provide information for tenders if required.
• Take ownership and draw up project plans, to include setting the projects’ goals, scope, limitations and assumptions.
• Lead and manage project teams (to include sub-contractors) using effective communications and motivational skills. Maintain good working relationships with internal departments, and external clients (maximising sales opportunities where appropriate).
• Ensure all work, including changes in project parameters and scope of supply, are carried out to appropriate standards and follow established company systems and procedures.
• Plan, review, monitor, (adjusting where necessary), resources and tasks to meet client objectives within agreed time-scales. Ensure all project activities are contractually and commercially sound, fall within budget limits and are delivered on time. Project costs to be planned monitored and reviewed on an on-going basis, to assist in the achievement the agreed budget.
• Formulate and present regular progress/variance reports to management/project stakeholders as required. Final report and evaluation of projects to be circulated internally, in a timely manner.
• Support installation and commissioning of projects at client’s site, ensuring satisfactory final product handover to the client.
• Establish and maintain risk assessments (considering mitigation), throughout project duration.
• Ensure staff and sub-contractors employ safe working practices in line with statutory legislation, company health and safety policy and other local health and safety rules.
• Ensure that all quality objectives of the project are met and that the requirements of the Quality Plan are fully achieved
• Communication skills and Customer relations
• Cooperative Skills
• Financial Skills
• Culture Knowledge
• English Language
• Program Management
• Communications Management
• Cost Management
• Customer Relation Management
• Portfolio Management
• Procurement Management
• Quality Management
• Risk Management
• Scope Management
Management & Leadership Competencies:
• Team Building
• Problem solving and decision making
• Degree or equivalent in appropriate Engineering discipline is advantageous
• Internationally recognised PMI qualification such as PMP or Prince 2
• Proven ability to demonstrate successful delivery of multiple projects at the same time
|Job area||Project Management|