We are looking for an experienced Supplier Development Engineer to reinforce the Supplier Development team for the Installation and Construction category in the Supply Management organization in Wärtsilä Energy Solutions.
In this position you are evaluating civil suppliers and verifying that they follow Wärtsilä requirements, trough assessment and audits. You will also follow suppliers performance, analyse possible gaps and actively share development ideas. You will be part of Energy Solutions product teams and Wärtsilä cross business category team.
Position is located in Vaasa, Finland.
As a Supplier Development Engineer, Civil your responsibilities are to
- Develop and execute supplier development actions and improvements for Installation and Construction category
- Execute activities related to supplier evaluation, for example supplier assessments, supplier audits and audit follow-up according to supplier audit plans
- Verify and maintain suppliers and contractors compliance to Wärtsilä´s supplier requirements
- Gather and analyse supplier performance data
- Support suppliers with their operational efficiency, organizational growth, product improvement and development initiatives
- Participate in the development of Wärtsilä tools and procedures for Supplier Development in assigned development projects.
Qualifications and desired skills:
- M.Sc or B.Sc Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experience from Civil engineering and/or projects seen as beneficial
- Preferably previous work experience from sourcing, procurement, engineering, quality, manufacturing or project management
- Strong personal drive, used to take own initiatives and be pro-active
- Good presentation and teamwork skills
- Systematic and active approach to work
- Knowledge of quality, environmental, health and safety management systems (QEHS)
- Experience of supplier and process audits, and lead auditor qualification ( e.g ISO 9001, SA 8000 etc.) is seen as an advantage
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English
|Contact person to give further information||
Manager, Supplier Development
Mobile +358 50 5174744
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|