Wärtsilä Services is looking for a Technical Expert in order to strengthen the Global Engine Component and Performance Expert Team in Wärtsilä Technical Services. Technical Services is globally a recognized technical knowledge centre within the Services Business of Wärtsilä supporting internal and external stakeholders technically during the life cycle of products and solutions delivered or serviced by Wärtsilä.
A Technical Expert supports our customers to improve the technical and operating performance of our products. We therefore seek you, who holds a broad understanding and a deep knowledge of engine components within the main area of Engine Performance.
We are looking for a person with appropriate technical background, willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies, proactive way of thinking, entrepreneurial initiative, fast innovation skills and independent decision making capability.
We offer you the possibility for professional development in a multicultural environment where you gain deep knowledge of 4-stroke engines including their applications in both power plants and marine installations. Join us now!
The location of this position is Vaasa/Turku, Finland or Trieste, Italy.
- Support the retrofit and upgrade activities
- Analyse and compare performance feedback of assigned relevant components for 4-stroke engines
- Participate in and perform failure analysis
- Support product performance validation and participate in customer meetings
- Specify performance boundaries for optimal product utilization
- Acquire know-how from the latest developments and trends within own expertise area
- Deliver content of after sales information and training support.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of basic design, calculation and simulation in our industry
- Good teamwork skills, cost awareness and effectiveness
- Ability to travel globally and to work in multicultural environments
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Experience of Performance related topics for gas and/or diesel engines
Knowledge of simulation tools, GT-Power or similar, is considered as an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Manager, Turbocharging and Performance
Tel +358 40 556 4309
General Manager, Component and System Experts
Tel. +39 335 784 1213
Manager, Engine Component & Performance
Tel +358 40 732 2691
|Job area||Service Delivery|