Wärtsilä Dynamic Positioning, Inc. (WDP) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Engineering position located in Poway, CA. The GNC Engineer will report directly to the GNC Manager.
The GNC Engineer will be part of a small team working on exciting applications for the marine industry, including remote controlled and autonomous ships.
The GNC Engineer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Development of algorithms and software for the marine industry including offshore- and wind farm vessels, navy ships,
cruise ships and mega yachts.
• Maintain vessel control software following well defined software lifecycle process.
• Commissioning of Dynamic Positioning control systems, including calibration, control system tuning, Customer Acceptance
Test and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA).
• Perform engineering support activities in the office and on-board vessels, including performance analysis, trouble-
shooting and software updates.
• Work collaboratively with other engineering and manufacturing disciplines during factory integration and test.
• Work collaboratively with field service engineers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
• Write technical reports and conduct studies as required.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Experience with algorithm development, including filtering techniques, estimation and control theory.
• Experience with C, C++ and object oriented programming in Windows environment. C# experience is a plus.
• Experience with Version Control System or Software Configuration Management.
• Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
• Must be well organized and have the ability to multi-task and keep track of simultaneous on-going projects.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Must be able to pass physical fitness test.
• US citizenship is required.
• Domestic and international travel required for purposes such as on-site commissioning, troubleshooting and testing,
attending meetings, field service support, conferences, training, or as required for job related duties.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Control Theory
combined with strong programming skills or equivalent relevant background.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.