Wärtsilä Dynamic Positioning, Inc. (WDP) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Project Engineer (PE) position working with marine Automation and DP systems. Under general supervision of the Director of Engineering, the Project Engineer (PE) will plan, direct and be involved in technical and operational activities associated with the development, production and installation of Automation and DP products.
The Project Engineer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for engineering activities related to the development, upgrade and support of vessel control and automation
systems for the offshore oil industry, work boats, and other types of industrial vessels.
• Work in conjunction with Sales and Project Management to develop system specifications and system architecture, to be
used as the basis for further system design, documentation and testing.
• Develop and review project related drawing and documentation packages such as wiring diagrams, bill of materials
(BOMs), cable specifications, wiring interconnect diagrams, manuals, specifications and regulatory submittals.
• Develop system design and documentation packages in accordance with marine regulatory body requirements.
• Work with product toolsets to develop and maintain custom mimics and other configuration files, to meet the
requirements of a project.
• Develop system test procedures and perform system testing as necessary for the purpose of proving adherence to system
specifications, as well as satisfy quality and customer Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT).
• Provide technical support to the commercial department including customer liaison, factory visits, on-site and kick-off
meetings and trade show attendance, as required.
• Provide technical expertise to field service and engineering personnel.
• Work with other company offices to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
• Instruct customers on the operation and proper use of equipment.
• Convey a professional image of the Company at all times.
Some travel will be required in support of projects (customer meetings, factory visits, on-board commissioning). May also be required to support industry trade shows and sales efforts.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Good computer skills and organizational abilities.
• A versatile skill set, that includes the ability to adjust to a dynamic department’s needs.
• Good communication skills.
• Producing documentation to support consistent, accurate performance.
• Experience in international shipping a plus.
• Experience in Export Control environment a plus.
• BS or BA in Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience in a technical industry.
• Experience working in the marine and/or offshore industry.
• Basic understanding of ship systems and marine and electrical engineering.
• Experience developing and reviewing written technical specifications, documentation packages and CAD drawings.
• Experience with PC, PLC and computer based control systems, and standard Ethernet networking.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task, and keep track of simultaneous on-going projects.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• Basic understanding of DP and Automation systems.
• Experience working with Automation systems (or IoT).
• Hands on experience with AutoCAD.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.