Welcome at Wärtsilä Netherlands! For our Service Unit in Schiedam we are looking for a Technical Purchaser to support our operations department with project related purchasing activities, and services.
In this position you are the central point of contact between our Service Unit in Schiedam and the Wärtsilä procurement department. This business unit is servicing al our maritime customers located in the Benelux on the maintenance of their engine and propulsion systems. Your main goal is to support our operations and workshop departments on all related procurement tasks such as: generating purchase orders, stock control, workforce contracting and investment projects.
For the local and regional purchasing activities, you will be working in close cooperation with Field Service managers, Service Coordinators, local workshops and other Wärtsilä entities. You work according to Wärtsilä procurement guidelines and under the supervision of Wärtsilä Purchasing Department.
Location: Schiedam, Netherlands
• You are our local specialist for the day to day procurement related questions to support the operations and workshop division.
• Create a sourcing plan with focus on cost control, in close cooperation with Wartsila procurement department.
• Stock management of workshop and office related consumables, materials and tools. This includes internal as well as consignment and external stock.
• Negotiate with suppliers for non-contracted labour services to enable flexible workforce labour.
• You create and maintain management reports regarding purchasing activities, supplier performance and stock control analyses.
• Participate in investment projects for machinery, tools (toolboxes) and workshop related projects.
• You have several years of experience within procurement in a technical and international organization, preferably within a service oriented organisation.
• Experienced in reviewing procurement contracts and supplier negotiations for services as well as material and products.
• You are experienced in Microsoft Excel, experience with SAP and other ERP systems is seen as an advantage.
• Due to the service minded work environment, you are able to you are able to think and act fast, and keep things as simple as possible.
• You have experience in analyzing supply chain processes.
• Affection with maritime industry is an advantage.
• Excellent social and communication skills in English and Dutch, both oral and written.
|Contact person to give further information||
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|