Alongside the mechanical engineering components, the system control technology and electrical designs are critical elements of the ballast water management systems. The new role will be part of the ballast water controls/ electrical team, and the role is primarily to undertake the design of electrical power systems (3-phase), control circuits and software for the integrated control of the products and their installation on board ships in accordance with Marine Electrical and Control Rules.
Other aspects associataed with the position are as follows:
- To design and develop high quality products that meet customer technical requirements, customer commercial requirements, feasibility, performance, costs, quality, safety and legislation.
- To engage in the development of improved and new products.
- To produce and maintain design documentation packages, product design files, user manuals and maintenance manuals as required.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with Wartsila design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards.
- To plan personal workload to achieve the required targets and report progress to the Lead Controls Engineer.
- Adopt a work ethic that promotes good customer service and work in a manner which promotes the company’s values.
- From time to time it may be necessary to undertake other business related activities that can be reasonably expected for the benefit of the company
It is desirable that the candidate is able to provide the following skills:
- Development of control software for PLC and HMI, and maintenance of all such software as required.
- Design of electrical panels and associated control circuits, including the specification and selection of components in accordance with company standards.
- Production of parts lists, panel specifications and equipment test specifications.
- Ability to create and maintain EPLAN drawings of circuit diagrams, installation wiring diagrams and panel layouts.
- Produce and maintain accurate technical data, drawings and specifications including technical files, utilising the business data management systems effectively.
HND or equivalent in Electrical or Electronics Engineering It is desirable that the candidate is able to provide the following experience:
- Experience of Mitsubishi PLC control and software architecture, along with associated HMI products in the Mitsubishi range.
- Experience of modern software structure including IEC block functionality is essential.
- Experience using EPLAN or similar and AutoCAD would be an advantage
|Contact person to give further information||Sarah Moody|