Wärtsilä Ship Design is looking for a Senior engineer. The position is located in Gdynia, Poland.
As a senior engineer, you provide technical and commercial support for Wartsila Propulsion products. You will be responsible for the accuracy of costs and of the technical solutions offered for the systems, components, sub-assemblies and installations all over the world.
- Formulation of technical proposals and commercial documentation for Wartsila Propulsion products either standalone or in bundles/solutions: communication with network and business line sales, customers, making technical selections, cost calculations, configurations, specifications and Quotations.
- Coordination of daily activities to be coordinated by Wartsila Propulsion Business Line.
- Provide technical and commercial support to the Marine Solutions' Sales Network during customer's visits and for everyday business
- Ensuring the accuracy of the cost calculations of the offered systems, developing of tools for the benefit of the team
- Responsible for product deviation lists
- Making Document Delivery Schedules, weight lists, responsibility matrices, etc. for contract finalisation
- Maintain relations with key sub-suppliers
- Experience in the marine business and sales environment
- Good computer and software skills
- Customer and team work oriented
- Good communication and social skills
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, to achieve results and to work independently as well as in a multi discipline and international team
• Experience in making P&I diagrams for ships/process calculations & pipe dimensioning.
• Experience in designing ventilation systems for ships
BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering, preferably specialized in ship power plants, machinery and equipment. Minimum 5-7 years on similar position