Delivery Center Vaasa, Quality Management organisation is looking for a Classification Engineer.
Marine engines are produced to comply with Marine safety features, type approvals and project specific Classification Society rules. Wärtsilä engine factory has to comply with agreed Classification procedures. Engine certificate from Classification Society is a result of succeeded engine certification process.
Classification engineer is familiar with traceability systems, different reporting tools, SAP, QDMS, drawings, quality instructions, manufacturing processes, quality documentation management and Classification Society rules. As a factory quality team member you have wide range of contacts.
The position is located in Vaasa, Finland.
Classification Engineer inspects components and modules during production (occasionally). Surveying the engine safety functionalities at factory acceptance test phase is one of the tasks (occasionally).
Engine main component are marked with Classification traceability stamps. Related component certificates are ordered from suppliers and to be collected for the Classification Societies. Approved classification certificates are delivered to the internal customers in due time. Classification Engineer is responsible to manage different certification tasks and related co-ordination within production schedules. Approving of related Classification invoices and cost bookings for correct project is also included in the tasks.
- B.Sc. of manufacturing/quality/certification/engineering/engine functionality or strong experience
- Understanding of Marine projects, Engine functionalities, DCV Manufacturing process, Component manufacturing process, Quality certificates, Marine certification, Wärtsilä traceability systems
- Co-operation skills with Classification Societies, suppliers and Wärtsilä internally
- Keen to accurate way of working related to quality documentation tasks
- Keen to engine manufacturing practises and standards
- Proactive and responsible attitude
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Good skills in English and Finnish.
|Contact person to give further information||
Quality Manager, Classification
Delivery Centre Vaasa, Marine Solutions
Mobile: +358 40 156 3056
|Job area||Quality and Operational Development|