|Position description||The Engineer is responsible for the electrical system design of hydro turbine-generator installations. This includes integration of generator, excitation, switchgear, controls and auxiliary electrical components. Work shall include interpreting and translating customer specifications, development of technical proposals, production of CAD drawings, vendor oversight, and field installation and testing support. The Engineer must supervise projects from the design concept to the finished product.|
• Prepare design layouts based on contract documents
• Generate drawings and parts list for electrical system components
• Generate part and material requisitions
• Perform electrical analysis to verify design
• Review product discrepancies versus design requirements and prescribe disposition
• Initiate submittals to customers and/or suppliers and review and respond to comments on returned drawings
• Write Operating and Maintenance manuals
• Perform field troubleshooting and testing
• Satisfy ISO 9001 Quality Standards as they relate to these engineering tasks
• Interact with Marketing to develop electrical scope proposals.
|Requirements||Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred with five to ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with electrical power systems and controls. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in hydro-electric plant systems. Effective communication skills. MS Office suite.|
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.