Are you passionate about understanding and creating value for our customers? Are you obsessed about identifying and removing waste? Is continuous improvement your cup of tea?
Join our journey! We are now looking for a Trainee, Operational Excellence for 6 months to support us in making this transformation happen successfully!
The position is located in Finland, Vaasa or Helsinki.
- Define the framework for data management to support a fact based analytical culture, including performance metrics
- Collect and analyse data, combining the different sources i.e. SAP, Excels, CRM etc.
- Support the execution of improvement streams within a given initiative.
- Support the line management and personnel involved in the changes by active communication and training on the new agreed way of working.
- Support implementation of performance indicators to measure operational improvements.
- Share best practices with other units of Wärtsilä.
- Use Value Stream Mappings and similar tools to identify the challenges and define the way forward.
What we are looking for:
- B.Sc. in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or similar disciplines preferred) or student working with Master’s Thesis
- Analytical mind with some experience in using problem-solving methods and tools, such as value stream mapping, root cause analysis etc.
- Action oriented with strong execution discipline
- Knowledge of Lean, theory of constraints and other continuous improvement theories as well as how to apply them in practice to improve business processes
- Capability to find the simplicity in complex problems in order to identify the key relevant issue
- Quick to learn and obsessed about customer value, make it flow, removing waste and continuous improvement
- Fluency in English.
|Contact person to give further information||
Head of Operational Excellence, Energy Solutions
Tel. +358 40 1898 698
|Job area||Quality and Operational Development|