“Experienced financial & international expert that manages the development of IPP projects”
As a Senior IPP Developer working within the global Energy Solution Division and the Europe & Africa Project Development department, you will find yourself in the heart of the exciting international world of IPP project development.
You are responsible to develop designated IPP projects from origination to financial closing for Europe & Africa, with main focus on Eastern Africa. Manage project development activities, operating budgets and time schedules and ensure that projects undertaken are sustainable and financeable in a timely manner while limiting risk exposure to Wärtsilä. You screen and make proposals in cooperation with regional sales teams and develop relationships with market participants (i.e. potential key developers, investors, fuel suppliers, utilities, etc.).
The location of this international position is preferably Zwolle, The Netherlands. You report to the Director, Project Development Europe & Africa. Open to travel extensively (worldwide) for approximately 25 to 50% of your time.
• You manage IPP development projects as lead developer responsible for the coordination of all development and financing aspects.
• Lead due diligence process, project structuring, partner identification, bidding, contract negotiations, debt financing, and the financial close process.
• Work with internal and external teams of cross functional experts (technical, financial, legal, operation & maintenance, e.g.) in order to maximize the competitiveness of Wärtsilä solutions.
• You negotiate project and financing agreements such as power purchase agreements, site lease agreement, fuel supply agreement, implementation agreements, and shareholders agreement and other financing agreements.
• Prepare information memorandum, manage equity marketing and successful sale of equity.
• Provide asset management services as needed including participation at Board level where Wärtsilä has equity investments in ongoing projects.
• You hold a Master degree and have multiple years of experience in end to end greenfield development and financing of IPP projects, with track-record of reaching financial closing.
• Extensive experience in negotiating project agreements and project financing agreements for IPPs. Experience of working with development financing institutions in Africa.
• You’re efficient at organizing work and dealing with complexity. Poses excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Experience of thermal and solar PV project development. Deep knowledge of the power industry, particularly in Africa.
• People-oriented with strong team focus and cultural sensitivity.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
|Contact person to give further information||
We highly care for personal development of our employees. We offer talent development and career opportunities within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We foster openness, respect and trust in an entrepreneurial culture.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: email@example.com
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|