Wärtsilä FUNA International, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates to fill multiple AV Systems Engineer positions located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Orlando, FL; Houston, TX; Huntington Beach, CA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; New Orleans, LA; Chicago, IL; Annapolis, MD; Las Vegas, NV and/or Herndon, VA. The AV Systems Engineers will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
The AV Systems Design Engineers shall perform functions supporting the engineering efforts of audio, video, and control systems and other peripheral tasks related to or in conjunction with the engineering of such systems. Qualified candidates will be well-versed in A/V/C systems commonly found in entertainment venues such as theme parks, cruise ships, museums, exhibits, restaurants, and convention facilities, but may possess a strong expertise in a given focus discipline. Qualified candidates shall be able to design and engineer a solution; CAD the resulting drawing packages using AutoCAD; support the procurement, fabrication, installation, and commissioning efforts of said design; provide documentation of the design; support and troubleshoot the system as needed. Engineers also may also cover areas of responsibility outside of the project related duties. Candidate must be willing to travel as much as 50%.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform preemployment substance abuse testing and background checks.
The AV Systems Engineers perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
• Programming experience in audio DSP systems (Q-Sys, BSS, Biamp, Media Matrix) a plus.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
• Proficient in Windows based PC environment, including MS Office.
• Familiarity of current products and trends in the AV industry.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask on multiple projects.
• Ability to work well with others in a group or team structure.
• High attention to detail.
• Independent, self-motivated, driven. Does not require strong supervision.
• Possess a positive outlook.
• Work independently and be self-motivating.
• A desire to meet client expectations.
• Possess strong time management skills and attention to detail while maintaining a global overview.
• Unrestrained willingness to travel – also for extended time periods (max. 6-8 weeks applicable).
• Fluent in both written and spoken English language.
• Strong leadership skills to form and keep project team motivated.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• College degree in a related field or equal experience.
• Experienced in the engineering of audio/video/control systems in the entertainment industry. 5 or more years desired.
• Knowledge of computer networks; especially as it pertains to AV systems and their specific requirements.
• Advanced IT networking expertise a plus.
• Programming experience in either traditional programming languages (VB, C#, C++) or entertainment venue control systems
(AMX, Crestron, Medialon, Alcorn McBride) a plus.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicants must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.