Wärtsilä Marine Solutions is looking for a Senior Application Expert to join the Environmental Solutions, Catalyst Systems, Applications team. Qualified candidates will be responsible for keeping our external and internal customers happy by ensuring our products are fully operational in the field. Qualified candidates will be working in a flexible and relatively small unit with a growing business and product portfolio. With this position we offer a suitable mixture of travelling and office work. The location of this position will be in Houston, USA or Vaasa, Finland.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
The Senior Application Expert will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform field and office activities according to the work plan for our land based SCR (selective catalytic reduction) and
our marine based SCR.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on specific equipment or equipment family (limited to SCR related equipment like: pumps,
valves, emission analysers, sensors, etc.).
- Report the findings and suggest product improvements internally to our Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Act as a system commissioning engineer and may coordinate and lead the related commissioning activities.
- Interact with internal and external customers during the work execution.
- Participate or lead specific site update tasks for warranty or after-sales tasks.
- Provide product training to Wärtsilä service networks and to customers.
- Provide expert support to Wärtsilä warranty personnel.
- Provide expert support to Wärtsilä power plant project teams and marine solutions project teams.
- BSc or MSc in mechanical, process or chemical engineering.
- Alternatively electrical/automation degree with high skills in process and mechanical area.
- Basic skills in electrical & automation (or strong willingness to learn on the job).
- Good command of English, both oral and written.
- Proactive, systematic, and organized way of working.
- Good skills in communication and customer orientation.
- Good team working ability and skills.
- Readiness to travel: monthly.
- 3 year’s minimum working with similar type of work.
- Experience form auxiliary systems.
- Marine and/or power plant industry experience seen as a big benefit.
- Basic chemistry skills seen as a benefit.
|Contact person to give further information||
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Service Delivery|