‘Mechanical expert who is into complex modelling of energy saving devices’
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you are responsible for customized design of Marine Propulsion Systems like steerable thrusters, controllable propeller systems and water jets. You work on the replacement of old technologies, add functionalities to Wärtsilä equipment or adapted design to existing interfaces. As a member of the design engineering team you also act as a supervisor during production by subcontractors and assistance during the sales phase with the creation of technical specifications and cost estimations.
In this position you will be working within an internationally orientated organisation within multidisciplinary project teams consisting of Engineering, assembly, supply, installation and commissioning. You will be working in a team of 9 other Mechanical experts who are reporting to the Supervisor Mechanical Engineering.
• You are responsible for the mechanical design of propulsion systems including strength, vibration and alignment calculations and hydraulic specifications.
• Design according to customer specifications and requirements, within lead time and cost estimation and according to classification rules.
• Take care for effective clear technical communication with the customer, design offices, and research entities concerning engineering. This in cooperation with the Project Manager and/or Sales Manager.
• You arrange classification approval of the propulsion system.
• Contribution to improvements of design methods, processes and products.
• You hold a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture or act on a Bachelor level.
• Experienced with the design of mechanical (propulsion) systems in Teamcenter Siemens NX or other 3D design tools are a must.
• You have a basic understanding of (digital) manufacturing methods such as welding, casting, machining, measuring and assembling.
• Experience with vibration and hydraulic calculations such as FEM, Torsional Vibration, Whirling and Alignment are an advantage.
• Well-developed communication skills spoken and written in English.
• You are pro-active and able to work in a structured way.
• Sense for business, experience working in project teams and you are able to cope with stress.
|Contact person to give further information||
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Egbert van der Meijs (Corporate Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org