'Marine focussed Mechanical Engineer with Hydrodynamic ambitions’
As a Design Engineer you are responsible for the hydrodynamic design of propellers, thrusters, waterjets and other propulsion related products for our maritime customers. You will work on customized design of hydrodynamic propulsion systems related to repair, modifications and upgrades to replace old technology or add functionality on existing Wärtsilä Propulsion Equipment.
You will be working in close cooperation with other departments of our Project Centre such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation and Project Management. The Hydrodynamics team consists of 8 propeller designers and CFD experts, who report to the Manager Hydrodynamic Design. Your location will be our office in Drunen, but your projects are global.
• You are responsible for the design of high quality propellers within the estimated lead time and costs.
• Contribute to improvements of design methods, processes and products.
• You accidentally participate in (international) research groups, to gain and gather knowledge.
• You communicate with the customer, design offices and research entities concerning engineering, this in cooperation with the Project Manager and/or Sales Manager.
• You attend performance tests at research laboratories regarding to your designs.
• You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture / Maritime Technology / Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialisation in Hydrodynamics, Fluid Dynamics or similar.
• You are familiar with the basics of hydrodynamics / Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• It is seen as an advantage if you have experience in finite element analyses and fatigue stress assessments.
• You have design experience in Siemens NX or AutoCad 3D.
• Responsible attitude, pro-active, be able to cope with stress.
• Experience with or interest in the marine environment is seen as a pro.
• You are interested in travelling for short periods and to work in a service minded environment.
• You are able to communicate in English, verbal and in written.
|Contact person to give further information||
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae on our website: www.wartsila.com/careers. Select ‘Netherlands’ and the position you like to apply for.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Dré Schellekens (Corporate Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 28558033 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org