Delivery Centre Vaasa (DCV) is now looking for two (2) Development Experts to strengthen the Tools & Equipment team.
Our team is a part of DCV’s Pilot Delivery Unit which as an organization is responsible for co-ordinating, securing manufacturability and manufacturing new or upgraded products. We are responsible for securing functioning tool solutions. Our responsibility area incorporates everything from special hand tools to large lifting equipment and complex hydraulic tools controlled by computer. We find or develop solutions, prepare requirements for acquired equipment and maintain existing design/data. We also support different stakeholders in tool related studies, acquisitions, projects or questions.
We offer you a youthful team and an interesting position with a possibility to learn widely about Wärtsilä products and business.
The position will be located in Vaasa, Finland.
- Coordinate tool development projects; secure that the developed solutions are available on time, are functional, safe and fulfil legal requirements
- Support stakeholders in tool related studies or expertise questions
- Define and prepare technical specifications for acquired equipment and ensure that offered solutions fulfil the requirements
- Participate in product development projects and give support in an expert role.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering (or other proven technical ability)
- 3 years of working experience with design/development projects
- Knowledge of NX / Teamcenter (or other similar design program)
- Knowledge of Machinery Directive and applied standards
- Systematic and organized way of working, good problem solving skills
- Good communication and team working skills
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Expertise in strength calculation, welding, hydraulics or any other traditional engineering area is taken into account as a notable advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Sami Lehtonen, Manager, Tools & Equipment
Tel: +358 40 3507411