|Position description||Take responsibility as team leader supervising service engineers/sub-contractors/ shipyard labour on location; take a leading role and assist with all work being carried out.|
1. Take responsibility as team leader supervising service engineers/sub-contractors/ shipyard labour on location; take a leading role and assist with all work being carried out.
2. May independently perform major/complex repairs and complete overhauls.
3. May perform installation and pre-commissioning checks and activities.
4. May perform commissioning activities and handing the equipment over to the customer and/or shipyard.
5. Perform basic troubleshooting (running tests, fine tuning adjustments, trimming related to running performance) on equipment.
6. Liaise with customer on site handling enquiries and technical queries.
7. On completion of jobs ensure that all service reports are of a high standard and submitted within 24 hours of returning to the workshop.
8. Ensure that all timesheets (signed by customer) and expense sheets are submitted to the Service Administrator on a weekly basis; when supervising Wärtsilä engineers, ensure that all timesheets and expense sheets are completed correctly, signed by customer and also submitted to the Service Administrator on a weekly basis
9. Liaise closely with the Service Superintendent to ensure service deadlines are met.
10.Play a leading role in ensuring that all work carried out is to ISO 9001/2000 standard.
11.Ensure that all activities on-site are carried out in accordance with the site safety rules and in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety obligations.
12.To adopt a pleasant, adaptable attitude when requested to assist Company staff with any “ad-hoc” duties that may be required.
13.Carry out all tasks in such a way as to ensure maximum (internal and external) satisfaction at all times to the extent that this is within the employee’s control.
14.In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties within their capabilities which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity, change the general character or level of responsibility of the post.
1.Be aware of the Work instructions for overhauling components and understand them
2.Understand the Field Service Rules and Regulations document
3.Develop positive customer relations skills
4.Develop ability to work with minimum supervision
5.Develop ability to create positive team work
6.Develop ability to liaise with customers about pricing of work and parts
HND or higher in mechanical engineering 7 years in relevant position(s)
|Contact person to give further email@example.com|
|Job area||Service Delivery|