We are living in hypercompetitive, volatile and uncertain times. The pace of development in technology and customer expectations is growing exponentially. In order to gain and sustain a competitive advantage in such an environment we need to be able to manage both innovation and efficiency at the same time.
The Wärtsilä Services Transformation Office is tasked with exploring all opportunities related to both growth and efficiency and driving transformational change. We are now looking for a Trainee to join our team of ambidextrous experts, focused on propelling the company forward at a new speed and instilling a culture of continuous improvement. This is a rare opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the development of a better Services from a strategy, process and organisational perspective.
Our collective responsibilities include:
• High-level ownership of Services strategy, including validation and alignment of targets and objectives, communication as well as driving and monitoring roll-out
• Mergers & Acquisitions, including market scanning, financial analyses and due diligence
• Operational Excellence, focused on improving flow and eliminating waste in our processes through awareness creation and the implementation of operative improvements
As a team, we value integrity, transparency and collaboration. We are result-oriented, committed to continuous learning and gain energy by inspiring others to act in innovative ways in an evolving and changing environment. We do not set strict boundaries between functions or in terms of the type of projects or tasks we work with, but instead choose to immerse ourselves in a combination of activities covering all above mentioned responsibility areas.
We are looking for a high performer, adept at identifying and visualizing interlinkages between development activities as well as monitoring the progress and achievement of operational improvements and growth initiatives. Your main responsibilities will centre around managing our transformation activity follow-up and related reporting.
If you are passionate about working in evolving environments and in leading development and change on a larger scale, join us in the battle against inertia!
We hope you are:
• Structured in your way of working, with experience in project management type activities
• Able to form a big-picture view through large amounts of data and understand how it all links together
• Excellent at facilitation and communication
• Quick to learn and passionate about continuous improvement
• Excellent in both written and spoken English
• From an academic background in Engineering, Economics or similar discipline
The position in question is a part-time (50%) traineeship for approx. one year.
|Contact person to give further firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Job area||Business Development|