|Position description||The Stores Assistant will follow established procedures and guidelines to receive, visually inspect, handle, store, record and/or dispatch goods in a store or warehouse in order to reach quality, delivery time and cost targets in defined area of responsibility.|
• Receive incoming goods; check for damage and for discrepancies between goods, purchase orders and invoices.
• Carry out Inspection of incoming materials received to ensure all products are compliant with delivery notes, material certification
• Confirm material certification then assign material traceability identification
• Carry out re-inspection of used materials to identify appropriate designation
• Accurately sort, label, and store goods; arrange storage to optimize warehouse space
• Pick and deliver goods according to relevant logistics process
• Pack, label and dispatch outgoing goods with relevant documents.
• Maintain logistics data to relevant systems to maintain up-to-date stock and inventory records.
• Operate forklifts and/or other warehouse machinery according to process / EHS instructions and licenses (when required).
• To actively participate in the Continuous Improvement
• Process (developing quality, delivery, safety and methods)
• Keep the store or warehouse area in clean-cut condition according to guidelines to ensure work safety and ergonomics (5S process)
• Forklift driver, valid licence required
• Computer literate, exposure to SAP would be advantageous
• Strong communication skills
• Customer focus (internal and external)
• Cost awareness
• H&S focus Forklift truck licence (min 1years experience)
• Maths and English - GCSE equivalent
• Warehouse and stores background
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|