The Sales Engineer is responsible for supporting Wärtsilä Business Sales Managers and Wärtsilä
network in the sales of propulsion train products and power generation products (possibly combined
together)for naval vessels. As such, his main tasks are:
- To evaluate the enquiries in cooperation with the Business Sales Managers and to participate to the go/no go decision process,
- To study the enquiry in details and to elaborate the most suitable solution in cooperation with the external and internal suppliers,
- To generate the technical specifications and commercial quotations (in liaison with the Business Sales Manager),
- To participate to the technical negotiations with the customers,
- In case of contract, to ensure a proper transfer between Sales and Project Management departments.
- Mechanical engineering background,
- Ability to work with teams of different cultures (Wärtsilä is a global organization and our customers are located worldwide),
- Negotiation skills,
- Organizational skills, rigorousness and patience as projects take several years to materialize (with several alternatives during their lifetime) and as several projects are ran in parallel,
- Good understanding of contractual terms and conditions and of commercial quotation process,
- Fluent English,
- Willingness to travel worldwide on a regular basis and most of the time on a short notice (5 to 10 trips per year). - BSc or MSc in Engineering, Mechanical - Preferably 3 to 5 years of experience in a shipyard or in a company working for the shipping industry. Alternatively, a motivated junior professional might also be considered.