Accountable for coordinating multiple members of the organization from different departments to achieve the objectives of the projects. This position will be accountable for many tasks that support the Project Management team. Reacts, as soon as possible, to internal and external performance problems to minimize non-conformance to contract specifications. Authority to discuss with the customers and suppliers contract requirements. Authority to commit to a schedule with the customer on behalf of American Hydro.
• Prepares and sends written correspondence to customer except for engineering correspondence and engineering submittals which are prepared and sent by engineering
• Resolves different interpretations of contract requirements between customer and American Hydro
• Resolves problems concerning project performance and customer service
• Coordinates preparation of contract change proposals by functional departments and assures that contract change proposals are correctly written
• Prepares meeting minutes for customer meetings and monitors follow up actions
• Monitors project progress
• When necessary, recommends corrective action to maintain project schedule and satisfy quality commitments
• Determines how to meet contract requirements which have not previously been identified as being a responsibility of the functional department
• Satisfy ISO 9001 Quality Standard as it relates to these tasks
• Establish a schedule for invoicing customers as early as possible
• Acknowledges contract changes
• Obtains shipping directions from customer
• Updates, expands, submits and coordinates project schedules to meet contract requirements
• Milestone billings issued timely and accurately
• Positive Customer feedback
• Change orders obtained where contractually able
• Collections received within payment terms
Bachelor's degree with five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years of work experience required. Experience with working with multiple departments of an organization. Organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to understand contracts and schedules. Hydro experience strongly preferred.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/careers/vacancies
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
|Job area||Project Management|