Plans, organizes and controls the process of bringing together people, equipment and materials to supply product and/or service to a customer.
Coordinates activities of engineering, procurement, manufacturing, delivery, and ongoing follow-ups with customers, suppliers and sales to ensure client’s requirements are met.
- Assumes a leading role in management of complex projects where there may be a high level of customization.
- Takes overall responsibility to deliver assigned projects on time and on budget, providing necessary input into resource needs.
- Projects handled may be technically and commercially complex
- Projects may involve significant interaction with customer’s multidisciplinary teams.
- Orchestrates overall activities of multiple internal and external departments to ensure the on-time delivery of an on-budget products and/or services.
- Communicates on an ongoing basis with all project team members, other department colleagues and management to keep all stakeholders abreast of progress and requirements
- Occasionally travels to customer or vendor sites as needed
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Proficient use in working with the company MRP/ERP systems (SAP), Lotus Notes & Project Management tools and systems is an asset
Convincing / Selling / Influencing
The job requires creating the message in order to explain the position of the unit or organization, provide advice and convince the other party of their validity.
An increasingly accomplished negotiator, comfortable in dealings with Supplier and Customer middle management, while escalating to senior management when situations may be potentially litigious.
The incumbent works within the boundaries of clear objectives and is subject to performance assessment. He/she interprets his/her latitude, obtains the necessary guidelines and adapts work methods, procedures or techniques to perform the assigned work. Exceptional situations are resolved with the guidance of a resource person.
Independent decision making – escalated only when complex or outside of established procedure.
Requires minimal supervision.
Participates in decision making. Provides guidance and leadership across all project related resources.
The job requires improving or reviewing procedures, programs, methods, techniques, products or services. These improvements could have an impact on the work of several people.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science with further specialization in project management OR Technical College Diploma with proven Project Management experience 6 to 9 years of direct Project Management experience in Hydro and/or Industrial sector PLUS some experience in Mechanical, Structural or Electrical Engineering. Advanced understanding of PM processes and a sound understanding of more complex commercial/business practices. Able to handle and balance the demands of multiple projects
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
|Job area||Project Management|