1. Sales Ownership: The successful candidate will take Ownership of Wartsila existing accounts and business development objectives including but not limited to planning, marketing, uncovering needs and creating value for clients, developing proposals, etc. The success and growth of product/service sales in Western Canada are the candidate's primary responsibility and concern.
2. WCA Solutions Promotion: Guiding and mentoring others in the WCA team within Canada to:
a. Use a consulting-based approach to uncover customer needs and opportunities
b. Develop, Engage and Execute the SUCAN Business Development and Sales plan regarding products and services.
c. Review sales targets, new products, resource concerns, etc. at regular intervals and ensure we meet our objectives.
d. Developing Opportunities:
a) The winning candidate will take the initiative to develop opportunities for upgrades based on obsolete Wartsila or competitor's products. Provide a leading role in developing the opportunity, contacting the customer to identify needs and interests, prepare with research prior to customer visits, preparing the proposal, etc.
b) Identify & propose new products & services based upon customer requirements
ii. Reactively - as per above, but addressing major quote requests that come to Wartsila from customers
e. CRM :
i. Document all of your efforts, progress, customer visits, etc. in CRM in Visit Reports and be prepared with a summary for review with the GM Sales.
ii. Document Service opportunities through Soft Bookings, following all required procedures.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Commerce or other related field
- 10+ years Sales and Business Development experience in Marine Services, Industrial Services or a similar field, dealing with $ multi-million opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Negotiating skills
- Strategic Planning
- Building customer relationships
- Computer literacy
- Wärtsilä products & services
- Knowledge of sales techniques
- Marketing knowledge
- MS Office, Word, Power Point, Excel
Management & Leadership Competencies:
- Ambition to excel
- Professional Sales and Busienss Development expertise
- Team leadership
- Managing by objectives
- Self confidence & Initiative
- Building relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Computer skills
- Time Management
- Problem solving
- Financial acumen
- Strong ability to organize & prioritize
|Contact person to give further information||
Carl Dunaway - General Manager Service Sales - Canada
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|