Do you want to use your testing, scripting and explaining skills to help save fuel, the environment, and lives? At Eniram – A Wärtsilä Company, we provide measurable benefits to our seafaring customers by crunching data to build models and algorithms based on factors as varied as wind, waves, cargo, and crew behavior.
As a Software Test Engineer you are the highly pro-active test professional that will join us in running the next level of testing for Eniram’s products.
There are two sides to your role. Your main task will be to create automated test sets together with the Development Team’s Developers and Testers. These you embed into our continuous release chain, to enable blazing fast feedback to your development colleagues after each build. Your secondary task is being a contributing member in a growing cross-team Guild of Test and DevOps Professionals within Eniram. We aim at quick insight in the quality of releases and shielding of our customers from preventable problems.
Within the Development Team, you are the team’s conscience with regards to clean administration and correct sharing of information. This helps us to achieve the goal of generatable reports/documentation and to save on unnecessary ambiguities further up the chain. Together we build solutions you can be proud of beyond your professional life. Your work for instance directly affects the CO2 emissions of a fleet of many hundreds of ocean-going ships.
Eniram is an independent business entity owned and supported by Wärtsilä. As a Software Test Engineer, you are part of the Technology department consisting of scrum teams, designers and domain experts located in our offices in Finland and in the Netherlands. Your position is based at our HQ in Helsinki.
In this position your main tasks and responsibilities will be
• Ensure testability of Initiatives, Epics and User stories.
• Identify and analyze the test basis, to extract test cases and prevent bugs in an early stage.
• Create reusable test cycles, used for automated and (limited) manual testing.
• Analyze test results of Development Team deliveries by use of Story Testing, System Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
• Create bugs and pro-actively report results based on test executions.
• Perform root cause analysis of identified deficiencies in products.
• Do follow-ups of bugs to assure they get resolved.
• Explaining, teach and support others to become as good at the above as well
• You have strong understanding of Software Testing and have experience working with Automated Test Environments.
• You are experienced working as team member of a Scrum and/or Kanban Team and able to challenge your development colleagues on content level.
• You can push back on process and procedure non-conformities within the Scrum Team.
• Experienced with participating in walkthrough’s and reviews, preventing bugs early.
• Strong ability to query databases and to add repeatable work to scripts.
• Experience with tools and platforms like Jira, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, Maven, Kubernetes, Linux Workstation/Server.
• Strong analytical abilities and a pro-active attitude, initiative.
• You can communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
|Contact person to give further information||
At Eniram you have the chance to explore the world’s largest and the most advanced pieces of engineering – ocean-going vessels. We highly care for employability of all our employees, hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organization. And, of course, the endless opportunities to learn and grow with us!
Interested in really seeing the difference your skills can make? We look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
For further questions and inquiries please contact:
Mikko Hyökki, Product Development Manager
|Job area||Digital Technology and Innovation|