Wärtsilä Marine Solutions is looking for a Legal Counsel. You will be part of an exciting journey of digital transformation of Wärtsilä business. You will have the responsibility and opportunity to develop our contracts and risk management tools for the fast developing digital business. You add value to both our customers and Wärtsilä. You will be involved in a selected area of Sales in Wärtsilä Marine Solutions international business. Important element of your responsibility area will be Sourcing contracts in the global Marine Solutions business. Wärtsilä provides opportunity for travel and getting to know the Wärtsilä global business.
Position will be located in Helsinki, Finland.
- Provide high quality and business oriented legal support for digital business in Wärtsilä Marine Solutions
- Developing good contracting and risk management solutions for digital business in Wärtsilä Marine Solutions
- Drafting, reviewing and commenting Sales contracts
- Independently participate in contract negotiations with customers
- Drafting, reviewing and commenting Sourcing frame agreements and contracts
- Independently participate in contract negotiations with suppliers
- Change management and claims handling together with Project Management and other stakeholders
- Claims, litigations and insolvencies management
- Promote the code of conduct and other compliance requirements
- Provide training on contracts and Wärtsilä legal procedures and best practices
- Proactively develop processes and suggest improvements for ways of working within Wärtsilä.
- Master of Laws degree obtained from a university or law school in Europe (requirement)
- Relevant further education is a bonus
- Minimum five years of experience working with sales and contracts in digital business environment
- Experience from software licensing and commercial transactions, preferably internationally (for example IT outsourcing, cloud computing, SaaS, IoT contracting, software related IPR issues).
- The successful candidate is customer-focused, energetic, self-motivated, and business oriented, managing deals from beginning to end and understands how to balance legal risks with business objectives and successfully get deals closed
- Curious attitude and willingness to learn about both digitalization and Wärtsilä business, able to engineer legal solutions that fit the needs of Wärtsilä business and the business of our customers
- Strong writing and analytical skills. Must be able to build trust and have good influencing skills, able to work autonomously with initiative and creativity. Good negotiation skills. Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Skills, experience or hobbies in coding, software development or digitalization is a bonus
- Fluency in English.
|Contact person to give further information||
Tel: +358 40 5517788
Tel: +358 40 8215337