Wärtsilä GA International, E&A Services is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the General Manager position located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The General Manager will report directly to the Director, E&A Services.
The General Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Day to day running of the GAI business with P&L responsibilities.
• Financial performance of the business, including forecasting and internal reporting.
• Day to day management of the business including direct selling to customers, winning business, project management, and
fulfilling contractual commitments.
• Defining and presenting a strategy for growth.
• Defining and agreeing a roadmap for product/system development.
• Working with other business lines to identify and win business.
• Representing the business unit both inside and outside the Wartsila corporate group.
• Working within an organisation with cross business functions such as those for procurement, HR and marketing.
• Communication and negotiation with key customers, business partners and stakeholders.
• Managing Risk.
• Developing and improving processes.
• Resourcing the business and developing staff skills.
• Participating in Management meetings and business reviews.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• A sound market knowledge of US marine industry.
• Good intrapersonal skills and customer relationships.
• Structured, proactive and solution-oriented.
• A team player and people manager.
• Impressive skills in communication, presentation and facilitation .
• An open and honest communicator who shares information.
• Confident manner with hands-on mentality.
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
• University degree, ideally in electrical or electronic engineering.
• 10+ years of business experience in the management of a product or business area with a complex line of responsibility
including multidisciplinary projects with globally distributed teams and departments within technology-oriented
• Extensive sales experience, including negotiation and drafting of contracts
• Experience in the marine electronics markets.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||General Management & Administration|