• Proactively and independently perform, coordinate and verify complex design internally and externally in the development existing products (Structural Engineering Calculations to Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code - ASME VIII, ASME IID, PED)
• Check design drawings and documents according to guidelines, plans and time schedules.
• Check and approve material selection and structural design engineering changes.
• Provide guidance to existing and new engineering staff on aspects of product design.
• Ensure product design/technical files are created and maintained according to external and internal standards.
• Co-ordinate the creation, development and maintenance of product documentation to support manufacture, assembly, test, operation and overhaul.
• Technical problem solving and resolution both in house and externally
• Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with Wartsila design, safety, quality and procedural standards, and also complies with the relevant national and international legislation applicable to the specific products.
• Maintain accuracy & good attention to detail.
• Release of documentation into the company documentation and design management system
• Maintain compliance with all ISO standard and H&S for which the company has accreditation or is working to achieve accreditation.
• Communication skills
• Cost Awareness & Effectiveness
• Cultural Knowledge
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation Skills
• Teamwork Skills
• Wartsila quality, safety & environmental skills
Management & Leadership Competencies:
• Change management
• Problem Solving and decision making
• Customer value understanding
• Design Process
• Engineering theories and technologies
• Integrated solutions knowledge
• Lifecycle cost understanding
• Technical communication
• Technical product & solution knowledge
• Wartsila Engineering Tools
• Project Management
• Lean philosophy
• BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience. CEng, Valve expert/Process Engineering knowledge (PetroChem or similar)
• Structural Engineering experience and tools (FEA MathCad).
• Fluid Dynamics / Fluid Mechanics