Goods Receiving –
• To control the receipt of goods, materials, parts and assemblies from internal and external
sources, ensuring that all received items are:
• Compliant with specification
• Fit for purpose
• Correctly identified
• To ensure all goods, materials, parts and assemblies are stored in a controlled, compliant to
specifications manner to maintain fitness for purpose, whilst ensuring:
• Location record
• Shelf life rotation
• Accuracy of stock held – Volume and Value
• Health and Safety regulations compliance
• to pick goods, materials, components and assemblies prior to despatch to external customers:
• Accurately and on time
• From the right location
• Compliant with specifications
• To pack goods in appropriate containers (wooden crates/cardboard boxes in line with appropriate packing
specification and dimensions indicated in the corresponding engineering drawings
• Ensure a photographic record is created indicating the correct packing status at point of dispatch
• Utilise appropriate materials (ie screws, staples etc) to effectively pack and secure products ready for shipping
• Ensure correct and complete paperwork is included with all products prior to shipping.
• Accurately weigh and label packaged goods ready for dispatch.
• Ensure all working areas and clean and tidy in line with health and safety requirements.
• In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such
additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity, change the
general character or level of responsibility of the post
• Maintain safe working practices for self and others in accordance with the Company’s policy on Health and Safety.
• Current counterbalance Forklift license is essential
• Good communicator
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Educated to GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|