Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. The company has operations in more than 200 locations in nearly 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki, Finland.
Wärtsilä India is looking for HR Director to be based in Navi Mumbai. HR Director is a member of the Country Management Team and he/she will report to the Area HR Director.
This role is responsible for all aspects of HR; including implementing Wartsila People strategy & processes, resourcing & recruitment, training & development, compensation & benefits, reporting and employee and industrial relations. He/she will be supporting the business management as business partner to achieve the targeted results.
• Provide overall leadership of the Human Resources function.
• Responsible for the execution of people strategy in India and provide leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
• Lead from the front and support site HR managers on all IR related issues.
• Provide legal advice in labour law related matters.
• Ensure compliance with global processes and policies, and local legislation and requirements.
• Provide strategic counsel, coaching and support to the management.
• Build organizational capability and leadership depth.
• Design and implement HR solutions, including compensation & benefits, organizational redesigns, talent management, change management and strategic planning.
• Facilitate proactive business partnerships between management and Human Resources to meet business and financial objectives.
• Member of the Wartsila India Management Team and Middle East & Asia HR Team.
• Dynamic and practical hands-on person with a strategic mind-set and experience in change management
• Customer/client focus
• Ability to lead and influence
• True commercial acumen
• Values led with a passion for delivering a great customer experience
• Sound people judgement skills
• High levels of integrity and organizational and cultural awareness
General skills/ Management & Leadership competence::
• Proven track record of success in both a strategic and operational HR role
• Proven generalist background with prior experience
• Labor Management
• Employee Engagement
• HR Analysis & Metrics Management
• Performance & Rewards Management
• Learning and Development
• Program/Project Management
• Labor economics and workforce planning
• Negotiation skills
• Writes and presents effectively
MBA in Human Resources Management, MSW/MLM or relevant. Professional having 20 + years of experience in the similar industries.
|Contact person to give further information||Mr. R G Hugar|
|Job area||Human Resources|