Wärtsilä North America, FUNA solutions is currently seeking a Sales Representative – Cruise and Marine for the Ft. Lauderdale office.
• To focus on growing sales in our cruise ship dry dock revitalization and military market business
• To grow in sales and improve profitability of Wärtsilä customers within Wärtsilä existing installed base and outside
that are within the cruise and marine markets.
• Developing Account Business Plans and follow-up.
• Defining the sales approach to the customers.
• Prepare proposals as required to develop markets.
• Building value propositions for sales opportunities (packaging solutions).
• Generating customer intelligence and exploring new business opportunities.
• To assess the full cruise and marine market potential, outside of existing installed base.
• To keep both cruise and marine solutions team and services aligned and involved.
• To work in complete alignment with our customers’ requirements and needs.
• Developing strategies along with new solutions to support our customer’s long term development.
• To improve cross-business sales and customer relations management cooperation to increase our product offering
awareness within our marine customer base.
• To benefit customers’ business through cross-division and global offerings.
• To improve coordination for global customers.
• To increase customer focus in the whole Wärtsilä organization.
Please note: Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Previous experiences with entertainment systems or AV system integration will be considered beneficial but not
• High level of interpersonal (people) skills required to manage a diverse community of sale professionals, including
inside sales, sales support, account managers, and international portfolio managers for products in production.
• Accountable for Strategic Sales Plan for cruise ship dry dock revitalization and military market business
• Extensive experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management within cruise and marine market.
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals (50-70%)
• Self-disciplined, a self-starter, and is able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment.
• Exercises active listening, builds trust in networks and relationships and gives feedback continuously in a
• Versatility in communications styles. Able to apply to different kinds of communication techniques and styles.
• Successful experience in analyzing and evaluating total costs in complex business circumstances and provide
recommendations for the optimal solutions and approach.
• Highly developed communication and diplomacy skills used to guide, persuade and influence others internally or
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Successful track record of selling at a strategic level, developing win-win solutions.
• Advanced negotiation and presentation skills.
• Independently resolves issues as they arise. Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information. Solves
problems that are complicated or novel requiring the ability to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate complex
Qualified candidates will have strong computer literacy and have the ability to use the Microsoft Office product suite including Word, and Power Point and be a strong user of excel with the capability of creating and managing spread sheets with look up tables and external references.
Bachelors Degree, with 10 years of sales experience within cruise or marine market; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Past Sales experience in the cruise or marine market required, background related to company positioning in view of Strategic planning.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|