Wärtsilä Financial Controlling is now looking for a Manager, Indirect Taxes. For this position we seek an individual with a BsC or MsC degree in Economics or Master of Laws. We expect you to have at least 5 years’ relevant experience either in other international group, consultancy firm or tax administration. You have gained excellent understanding of VAT systems globally and you combine your skills with positive, development-minded attitude. Your good networking and communication skills enable you to ensure Group’s compliance with indirect tax regulations.
You will report to Director, Corporate taxes and work either in Wärtsilä’s Helsinki or Vaasa office in Finland. Your main responsibilities relate to indirect taxation but as member of the Corporate Tax team you have an excellent opportunity to further develop and expand your professional skills.
• Supports local Wärtsilä companies and Wärtsilä businesses in various issues related to indirect taxation. Coordinates the work between various internal functions and external service providers.
• When necessary, participates in meetings with local tax authorities in local tax audits, and monitors and assists local companies in responding to requests from the tax administrations.
• Participates in structuring discussions, related to e.g. acquisitions or project sales, not only in VAT matters but also when considering Corporate Income Taxation including potential exposures of Permanent Establishment, Withholding taxes and salary payroll taxes, as well as customs duties when relevant.
• Controls the overall VAT position of Wärtsilä. Ensures VAT compliance and identifies significant risks. Contributes to the group’s tax strategy. Identifies potential tax planning opportunities.
• Training of internal stakeholders in issues related to VAT. Manages and develops group’s VAT processes in co-operation with other stake holders
• MSc or BSc in Economics or Master of Laws
• Experience in European VAT regulation, and good knowledge in indirect taxes globally
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills, training skills
• Solid skills both in written and oral business English
• Ability to work in an international environment
• Experience in SAP is an advantage
|Contact person to give further information||Mr. Jouni Arpalahti (Director, Corporate Taxes), mobile +358 400 631 939, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Job area||Finance & Control|