• Ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement/refurbishment
• Develop, implement, and review equipment maintenance records, procedures and ensure implementation
• Establish procedures and contracts to ensure timely repairs of equipment which requires minor& major repairs on a frequent basis
• Secures major equipment bids and makes recommendations for purchase when replacement of new equipment is required
• Supervise electricians and mechanics as needed to complete all maintenance functions
• Allocate workload based on skill level and development
• Must work with purchasing and/or directly with outside vendors to monitor inventory and place orders as necessary
• Manage relationships with contractors
• Maintain CMMS and report on daily activities
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety
• Ensures the appropriate use and proper care of maintenance tools and equipment
• Maintain office and shop buildings such as rubber roof leak repairs, lights, interior communications, wiring, etc
• Monitor expenses and control the maintenance budget
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Word and Excel, CMMS
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
|Requirements||Bachelor's degree with one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CNC mechanical experience with Fanuc/Allen Bradley controls a plus.|
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship. Qualified candidates must apply online at www.wartsila.com/careers/vacancies.
American Hydro Corporation (A Wartsila Company) values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. American Hydro Corporation is an EOE/AA employer.