|Position description||Technical Buyer assisting the Supply Chain function in ensuring the supply of goods is efficient and complies with business strategy and operational requirements with regards to cost, lead-time, quality and on-time achievement.|
- Execute purchase orders and automatic purchase orders in line with MRP demand and action manual purchase requisition handling in order to secure availability for goods and services for direct and / or indirect requirements
- Make request for quotations to investigate cost and availability
- Request order confirmation from suppliers and ensure they meet Wartsila requirements and terms
- Progress chase suppliers and coordinate issuing of delivery schedule priorities
- Action Quality Rejects and Quality Investigation Reports in a timely manner by liaising with suppliers and the quality personnel
- Action goods receipt discrepancies and queries in a timely manner by liaising with suppliers and the goods-inwards personnel
- Action invoice discrepancies and queries in a timely manner by liaising with suppliers and the finance personnel
- Participate in negotiations, secure capacity and forecasting
- Analyse future demand trends in cooperation with Sales and Spares or other involved functions and share forecast data with suppliers
- Support with cost reduction initiatives with regards to outsourcing and sub-contracting
- Support the Supply Chain function to record and monitor KPI’s to optimise supply chain performance in support of spares and production requirements
- Support and offer support and guidance on technical aspects to the Supply Chain function
- Communicate progress and escalate recurring issues to the Senior Strategic Purchaser and Supply Chain Manager
- Offer support to the Purchasing Assistants with regards to technical issues
- Maintain safe working practises for self and others in accordance with the Company’s policy on Health and Safety - HNC / HND or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- CIPS qualified.
- Engineering background.
Experience of working within a manufacturing based business working with suppliers and other key stakeholders to ensure parts are delivered on time to cost and to the required quality specification.
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|