- Perform In-situ machining work on Wartsila and other OEM products
- Perform Machining work in workshop as well as field environment.
- Participate with improvement of In-situ machining products
- Promote Wärtsilä Products and Services.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality
- Perform engine and crankshaft inspections
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards.
-Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Independently execute engine repair by In-situ machining.
- Participate in working groups and build team spirit.
- Safely execute all work according to Wärtsila standards.
- Provide exceptional service experience for the customer.
- In-situ Machining using crankshaft machining tools
- Line-boring using boring bars
- Use of laser and optical alignment equipment
- Use of mechanical measuring equipment
- Tool calibration and verification
- English, second language is a plus
-MS Office tools
-IM applications and IM tools
-Communication skills & customer relations
-Motivated to learn and grow professionally
-Ability to follow directions
-Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
-Ability to work under pressure
-Motivation to travel around USA for at least 7-8 month per year, and also abroad if required.
BS degree + 1 year of related experience, or associate degree and 2 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical) + 5 years of machining experience. Skilled machinist, with knowledge and physical experience with use of laser equipment, milling, drilling, manual lathe operations and line boring tools. If you have no skills in this field, your application will not be considered.
|Job area||Service Delivery|