|Position description||The Field Service Estimator/Scheduler is responsible for the preparation of technical proposals and schedules for the Field Service Department consisting of 8-10 Field Service Representatives, craft labor, and administration for up to 8 simultaneous field outages. Field Service serves as the front line contact with our customers and is responsible for hydro turbine and generator disassembly, field machining, reassembly, alignment and commissioning of the units. He/She will be responsible for cost estimates and scheduling for these projects as well as schedule maintenance for ongoing projects.|
Normal tasks include:
1. Preparation of technical and commercial proposals for Field Service work, normally working with a Marketing Representative.
2. Perform site and customer visits as necessary to perform cost and schedule estimates.
3. Review customer specifications as needed to satisfy contract requirements regarding all field work scope
4. Obtain quotations to procure manpower and rental equipment and related costs
5. Represent American Hydro and contract interests with regard to hydro turbine and generator disassembly and reassembly, related field work and commissioning of new or rehabilitated units
6. Preparation and update of project construction schedules during the course of the projects.
7. Perform other work as directed by the Manager of Field Service.
|Requirements||Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience with Field estimating and scheduling. Use of Primavera scheduling software or equivalent construction scheduling software required. Associates Degree or greater in a field related to construction management 5-10 years of experience in construction management and scheduling/estimating of construction projects. Experience in hydro-turbine engineering and field operations is desired but not required. Understanding of field machining and welding experience and the millwright trades.|
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship. Successful applicant must also be located in the York, PA area or be willing to relocate at their own expense. Qualified candidates must apply online at http:www.wartsila.com/careers. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. American Hydro Corporation is an EOE/AA employer.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
|Job area||Service Delivery|