Wärtsilä Energy Solutions is looking for Development Engineer/Manager to join the Genset Portfolio-team within Energy Solutions, Business Line Engine Power Plants. The team is responsible for developing and managing a world-class portfolio of Generating Sets for Power Plant – applications. The main focus for this position is to perform and lead advanced simulations and calculations of generating sets in the range 10 – 20 MW.
Depending on the applicant’s professional experience, the position is either a Development Engineer or Development Manager. Position will be located in Vaasa, Finland.
- Perform finite element response analysis and measurement data analysis for Generating Sets
- Develop and test analysis methods and codes
- Administrate the servers used by the analysis applications
- Coordinate and manage simulation- and calculation activities being outsourced to consultancies
- Work in close cooperation with peer experts within Marine Solutions and Services.
- M.Sc. in Applied Mechanics
- Advanced level of Finite Element Analysis – expertise
- Several years of work experience within relevant field
- Python script coding: advanced or basic skills (minimum)
- A genuine interest for measurements and measurement data analysis
- Initiative taking, systematic and organized way of working
- Good analysis and reporting skills
- Good skills in communication and self-management
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team
- Customer orientation
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Fluency in English.
|Contact person to give further information||
Tero Lokasaari, Senior Development Manager, Genset Portfolio
Tel: +358 50 575 7869
Erik Jungner, General Manager, Genset Portfolio
Tel: +358 50 598 4762
|Job area||Research & Development|