Wärtsilä Technology (R&D) is looking for Performance Experts or Senior Performance Experts. Engine performance development is an activity within Wärtsilä Technology, Engine Performance & Control. The main task of the Performance Expert is to develop competitive performance (engine efficiency, emissions, turbocharging) on our diesel/gas engines, together with the product engineering, design and test teams.
Title of the employee depends on the experience level. Positions are located in Vaasa, Finland or Trieste, Italy.
- Evaluate gas/diesel engine performance data
- Give support to the product platforms in Wärtsilä Marine Solutions, Engines
- Build-up of way-of-working with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Build-up and development of simulation tools
- Participate in research & development projects regarding new engine concepts.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc., Technical
- Advanced knowledge of internal combustion engine thermodynamics
- Experience from internal combustion engine performance related R&D activities
- Knowledge of turbocharger performance
- Knowledge of exhaust emission formation, abatement and legislation
- Independent personality and ability to perform accurate, analytical, time bound and systematic work
- Good skills in MS Excel
- Experience with GT Power is regarded as a merit
- Good team working and communication skills
- Fluency in English. Finnish and preferably also Swedish in Vaasa or Italian in Trieste.
|Contact person to give further information||
Donatella Cascia, Manager, Product Performance
Tel: +39 335 7988326
Arto Järvi, General Manager Product Performance
Tel: +358 40 5146646
Please attach CV to your application.
|Job area||Research & Development|