Wärtsilä Finland, Marine Solutions, is looking for a Development Engineer/Engine Expert to Wärtsilä Engines Technology, Gas Systems to strengthen the team. Come and join us in developing technologies and components to Wärtsilä’s gas fuelled engines.
Title of the employee depends on the experience level. Position will be located in Vaasa, Finland.
- Perform research and development projects or tasks in assigned expertise area to improve or generate new products, development methods and tools, components, equipment, systems or processes
- Secure adequate functionality, quality, cost structure and technical level of development results in assigned expertise area
- Explore new development opportunities in assigned expertise area
- Provide technical support to projects within R&D and other Wärtsilä organizations
- Improve the know-how of gas engine components
- Develop the way of working
- Develop supplier and partner relations.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in gas engines, project management, R&D and engine design
- Know-how in gaseous fuels and hydraulics
- IT-skills such as GT Power, NX & MS Office are expected
- Good command in reciprocating combustion engines technology
- Good communication and team working skills
- Fluency in English, other languages are seen as an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Hannu Sillanpää, Manager, Gas Systems
Tel: +358 40 0836103 (14.8.-27.8.)
|Job area||Research & Development|