In this position, you will drive the sales for Propellers, Gearboxes, Thrusters and Propulsion Control Systems in the Americas Area(North America and Brazil).
Based on your knowledge of the industry and business, you will identify potential new customers and create a plan to capture markets and to boost business growth. With a proactive approach, you will market Wärtsilä's offering to relevant yards, ship owners and ship designers. You will support the Marine Solutions sales network with ongoing prospects, to negotiate and close deals.
You will be located in the United States, either in New Orleans or Houston.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Investigate and analyse the market.
• Find and develop new customers, i.e. yards, owners and designers. Actively visit customers to uncover new business opportunities.• Actively conduct product promotions for external customers as well as network sales by creating value
• Create together with the network sales yearly action plans to address certain markets and/or geographical areas. Drive the implementation of these action plans as an owner the plan.
• Bring market feedback into operations, e.g. engineering. Translate the voice of the customer into products and product development.
• Initiate, support, and develop the local sales network in all matters promotional, financial and technical in the Propulsion sales process & products.
• In cooperation with the local sales network, liaising with and engaging in a close dialogue with the technical as well as commercial departments at ship owners, shipyards, designers to ensure market penetration of Wärtsilä propulsion products.
• Maintaining in-depth knowledge of main ship builders designs and business targets, key ship owners, their fleets, their preferences and new-building plans. more focus than today
• Order intake target setting, reporting and follow-up of business line Propulsion sales in the region and forecasting coming months.
• Sales funnel management
• Ensure successful negotiating and closing of contracts.
As an ideal candidate you would have:
• Ability to take ownership and commit to achieve targets.
• Advanced skills in planning, follow-up and reporting. Proactive, structured approach rather than a reactive, operative approach.
• Skills in listening and asking good questions. Clear communication with correct attitude, both in written and verbal.
• Strategic approach to understand customer needs rather than jumping into fast conclusions.
• Ability to define objectives for customer meetings and being focused on achieving those.
• Knowledge of and experience with Propulsion and power production on-board marine and/or offshore installations
• Management and leadership skills regarding change management, team building, communication and problems solving and decision making
• Negotiation & presentation skills
• Financial knowledge
• Excellent communication skills in English language
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in relevant field
• Total working experience minimum 10 years of which at least 5 years of experience in (sales) management in international environment and proven communication skills, preferably in the marine industry and experience propulsion products and solutions
|Contact person to give further information||
Mr. Cees Brobbel
Director, Business Development
Marine Solutions Propulsion
phone: +31 622552953
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|