Wärtsilä Marine Solutions, Engines, is looking for Engine Automation Experts. Modern diesel- and gas engines have an embedded engine automation system which form an essential part of the engine and ensures optimal performance and functionality of the engine. The automation system is specifically configured for each delivery engine in order to meet the needs for each individual customer application. The positions will be part of the BL Engines / Technology organization and will offer a wide view of our operations from R&D phase throughout the customer projects.
The positions will be located in Vaasa, Finland.
- Act as engine automation expert for defined engine types
- Create and test engine automation software configurations for customer delivery projects and maintain related databases and documentation
- Support engine production and engine factory testing in advanced trouble shooting of engine automation systems
- Take part in the execution of customer projects through correspondence and participation in meetings with internal stakeholders and sub suppliers
- Co-ordinate and supervise design and deliveries from sub suppliers
- Support and assist the commissioning on site of the delivery projects
- Provide technical support for our Sales- and Supply Management organizations regarding engine automation
- Participate in development projects and cooperate with other expert teams in the areas of engine performance, engine design, software development and technical service.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical or automation engineering
- Good communication and teamwork skills, as well as ability to work independently
- Logical thinking and systematic way of working
- Good problem solving skills and accuracy in work
- Good written and oral skills in Finnish or Swedish as well as English
- Motivation to learn and grow professionally
- Good knowledge of basic office tools and willingness to learn other engineering tools
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines and/or related automation systems is seen as an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Johnny Remsu, General Manager, Engine automation / Customer Delivery
Tel: +358 40 5522574